Collaboration and Influence
Developing Effective Partnerships
NICVA, the Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action, is a membership and representative umbrella body for the voluntary and community sector in Northern Ireland.
This article is on the simple steps to effective partnership working. Partnership working is all around us! These are some reflections on how to get it right. The 8 steps discussed are:
1. Put your beneficiaries at the heart of any collaboration
2. Agree a vision
3. Put an appropriate structure around it
4. Underpin the partnership with an agreement
5. Get the governance right
6. Agree good guiding principles of collaboration
7. Leadership is required
8. Always remember collaboration is about people.