Dublin City University run this 12-week programme
which provides an insight into the theory and practice of management and leadership in community organisations with a strong focus on developing leadership capacity. The programme is specifically designed to support those currently employed or volunteering within the community sector and who are giving consideration to progressing to managerial roles, board memberships in the sector, or to further and higher education in this area.
- Community development theory
- Analysis of the community and voluntary sector and policy context
- Leadership and management theories
- Leadership in the community
- Organisational theory
- Developing organisational vision and mission
- Organisational structures and processes
- Financial management
- Governance in community and voluntary sector
- Expert guest speakers and virtual site visits
The Leadership Academy website may often signpost people to other resources, websites and training events. The Wheel is not responsible for administering any events, training or resources other than those directly organised by The Wheel. If you are interested in events or resources this website signposts to, please contact those providers directly, at the relevant link, for further information.