Skills Summary is an easy to use online tool that measures the skills young people gain by participating in non-formal education, such as volunteering, youth work and other out-of-school opportunities.
Skills Summary builds confidence in young people, so that they can better communicate the value of these essential skills to future employers.
Why use Skills Summary?
- Assess your career skills, including communication skills, interpersonal skills and more
- Identify your key strengths in your career, and areas that need development
- Develop your job interview skills
- Build an online profile to track your career progress
- Gather endorsements to help develop a winning CV
- Do all of the above for free!
Who is Skills Summary for?
- Everyone working on or interested in their personal/professional skill development
- Skills Summary is in particular tailored to young people aged 16-25
- Youth workers and others, within their role supporting young people’s skill development
Skills Summary is the result of a collaborative project between the National Youth Council of Ireland, Accenture and SpunOut.ie. It is funded by the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth and recognised as a measurement tool in the Youth Employability Initiative.